- LifeFirst provides guidance and advice to people who are dependent on tobacco.
- Patients/clients who are amenable to LifeFirst’s service are provided with 7 counselling sessions over a period of 6 months. The first session is conducted over a time period of approximately 45 minutes to an hour.
- Subsequent sessions range from 10 minutes to an hour, depending upon the patient/client's specific treatment needs.
- The model involves both face-to-face and over-the-phone counselling.
- In order to ensure that the service is lasting and effective, patients/clients are given educational materials and a Quit Diary – a workbook that enables them to create a personalised plan that will help them overcome their dependence on tobacco.
View a graphical representation of our process